HOW DOES FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE WORK?
Functional Medicine is a practice that views the body as one integrated system where root cause correlations of imbalance can be identified and fully understood. It treats the whole body not just symptoms and often has a preventative focus.
A patient centered approach to healthcare that takes into account genetic, lifestyle and environmental factors that collectively influence health and wellness. In this way, functional medicine allows for a tailored and holistic approach to supporting our patients as unique individuals on their road to optimal health.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE?
- A deep sense of support and nurturing for mind, body and soul.
- An integrated approach to wellness focused on identifying root cause correlations by looking closely at nutrition, diet, exercise, stress, sleep, environmental and genetic contributors.
- The use of laboratory testing and diagnostic techniques, supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification/purification programs and sleep/stress-management tools.
- Application of mind body medicine such as meditation, movement and breath work techniques for vagus nerve activation. This is key to building healthy neural pathways between the body and mind which allows for deep healing by tapping into the parasympathetic side of the nervous system.
- Improving microcirculation and reducing inflammation with the application of Celluma Light Therapy.
Initial visits generally last 60 minutes.
During your initial exam your practitioner will guide you through a series of questions to get a comprehensive view of your health history in addition to your health goals and primary concerns.
Please bring a copy of most recent labs if you have them, along with a complete list of medications and supplements you are currently taking.
Your practitioner will finish the visit by collecting a hair analysis which helps to identify what’s happening at the tissue level. This provides useful information to get ahead of any trending imbalances before they become more serious. (See more at ‘What is Hair Analysis’ below or on the Hair Analysis Service Page.)
WHAT IS HAIR ANALYSIS AND WHY WE USE IT?
It’s a simple, accurate and noninvasive diagnostic tool that uses hair samples to reveal early stage imbalance(s). Your body will always sacrifice tissue first in order to maintain homeostasis (balance) in the blood. Imbalances that are identified at the tissue level are much easier to support and mitigate.
The science of mineral balancing has been around for over fifty years. Dr.Paul C. Eck, a biochemist and pioneer of this field, dedicated most of his life to studying how minerals interact with one another and the effects they have on body chemistry and overall physiology. Through rigorous analysis and patient studies he eventually determined the optimal mineral ratios for each of our bodily systems to perform synergistically. Treatment is not a simple matter of supplementing a low value but rather understanding WHY the mineral is deficient and how to support the organ systems as a whole.
Hair analysis also reveals any heavy metal toxicity.
Samples are typically cut from the head or pubic area but any hair on the body can be used. However, it is important that hair is NOT dyed.
CELLUMA LIGHT THERAPY
The light source applied to the skin surface emits photons through different wavelengths of light. Photons are absorbed into the mitochondria of each cell which creates an increase in ATP or ENERGY which improves cell function.
- Improves microcirculation
- Decreases Inflammation
- Reduces Pain
- Improves skin integrity/elasticity
- Speeds wound healing
A FDA approved non-invasive way to encourage cells whether it be a skin cell, white blood cell, lymph cell… to function more optimally.
Functional Medicine- the future of medicine!
Celluma Light Therapy