My passion is to help people heal holistically. Chinese medicine is a brilliant + ancient system that harnesses your body’s own ability to heal, allowing you to live your happiest, healthiest life.
Education / Training
- Montana State University – Bachelors of Science in Fish + Wildlife Biology
- Southwest Acupuncture College – Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Montana State Board of Medical Examiners – Licensed Acupuncturist
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine- Clean Needle Technique Certification
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- MAAOM member (Montana Acupuncture Association of Oriental Medicine)
- Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center – Fundamentals of Oncology Acupuncture
- MAAOM – Treating Emotional Trauma with Chinese Medicine
- Microneedling Certification
How did you decide to go into your field?
I wanted to know how the magic worked! My first experience with acupuncture was with horses. We were going to put a horse down who had a lame leg, and acupuncture saved that horse’s life. I then started going to acupuncture myself, and it was so remarkable how an injury I had healed so quickly. I was fascinated and amazed at how acupuncture worked. It looked to me like magic, but they teach it at schools, so I knew I had to learn it.
What makes you unique in your field?
I don’t have a specific expertise. One of the things I love about my job is the wide variety of cases I get to see. Commonly I treat; mental health, hormonal issues/fertility, insomnia, digestive issues, headaches/migraines, nerve pain/issues, and any kind of pain you may have in your body.
What makes you excited about your work?
People. I love to help people. I love to see people feel better and get to enjoy their life. I love to see stress and pain fade, to see people’s eyes brighten as they heal.
Favorite musician? Favorite food? Favorite TV show this year?
Brandi Carlile. Cheeseburger. Tie between: Vikings + Ted Lasso.