Chinese medicine is a powerful system that allows us to tap into our innate healing abilities and connects us with our highest health, happiness and purpose.
- University of Vermont – Bachelors of Arts Spanish and Environmental Studies
- Institute of Taoist Education and Acupuncture – Masters of Acupuncture
- NCCAOM Nationally Board Certified Acupuncturist – Dipl. Ac.
- Colorado State Licensed Acupuncturist – L.Ac.
- Montana State Licensed Acupuncturist – L.Ac.
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine – Clean Needle Technique Certification
- Advanced Facial Rejuvenation and Cosmetic Acupuncture Certification
- Microneedling Certification
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Acupuncturists Without Borders – Treatment Approach to Trauma
How did you decide to go into your field?
I grew up with two acupuncturist parents, but it wasn’t until later in life that it became clear this is what I wanted to do. When I had some mysterious health problems arise during college, my doctor didn’t have an explanation for why I was feeling so crummy. They started prescribing me different medications that seemed to have more negative side effects than positive outcomes. It wasn’t until I started receiving consistent acupuncture treatments that I began to feel like myself again. I was drawn to practice Chinese medicine because it truly honors the unique needs of each individual and empowers them to take part in their healing.
What Makes You unique in your field?
I incorporate Five Element Acupuncture into my treatments, which is a unique style of acupuncture that is based on the Taoist concept that we are influenced by the laws of nature. Treatment focuses on bringing a person into harmony with these natural laws so that they can live to their fullest potential–happy, healthy and inspired!
What makes you excited about your work?
So much of what I do as an acupuncturist is about helping people to heal their nervous system and cultivate resilience in the face of life’s stressors. Someone who has a healthy nervous system is able to respond to life with kindness and compassion. Thinking about how these little needles can initiate such positive changes in a person which ripple out into their community and the world makes me excited to come to work each day.
Favorite musician? Favorite food? Favorite TV show this year?
I’m a little all over the place with my music tastes, but Maggie Rogers and Zach Bryan as of late. I love curry. Bridgerton and Ted Lasso are tied.